PR-103 • Justin Guitar Acoustic Songbook
50 awesome songs for acoustic guitar (but many playable on electric guitar too!).
The first of the new series of five books is the Acoustic Songbook, 50 great songs that work great on acoustic guitar (but of course you can play them on electric too!).
Each book contains 50 songs, 15 songs using material covered in The Beginners Course, 15 songs that introduce barre chords (Intermediate Course), 15 songs using other fun concepts (more Intermediate stuff) and 5 full song TABs.
Spiral bound and the same size as The Beginner's Songbook (248 x 170mm), and is 176 Pages.
This book is designed for guitarists moving forward from beginner material and getting into barre chords and riffs.
See full songlist lower down this page!
RRP £16.95 + Postage
Ordering from the justinguitar store (we use PayPal)
• You do not need an account to use PayPal, you can pay using all major debit and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Amex etc), though personally I find PayPal easiest and most secure.
• Click on the buy now button below for your region: UK, Europe or Rest Of The World. Prices include postage and packing. Please note that only orders over £50 (or foreign equivilent) will get a tracking number, other orders are sent 1st Class but are not trackable. All Bundle Packs are trackable!
• If you have any questions at all contact Jedi in Customer Service. We aim for 100% customer satisfaction, so please get in touch if you need help with something or if the product arrives in less than perfect condition. We'll always put things right!
• Worried about internet payment security? Please read this guide, the big rule, if you get an email from PayPal telling you there is some problem, it's probably a scam, log into your account typing the website by hand (DO NOT click a link in the email) and you'll soon see if there is a problem. Still Not happy to use paypal?? Here are some other options. But honestly, it's as safe as online shopping gets!
• How long will my order take? We ship as soon as possible, same day if possible or the next day, so it's down to postal services in your area and normal logistics. Usually a couple of days for the UK, 3-10 days for Europe and 4-20 days for the rest of the world. We send Bundle Packs with Express Post or FedEx (which is only a couple of days to the US!).
• Did you check out the Bundle Packs? You might save yourself a bundle ;)
We deliver worldwide and all prices include postage!
Dimensions are roughly 25cm x 17cm x 1.5cm - the samples below are from the Beginner Songbook, will get from this songbook asap.
I'll be honest, it should be available now as an ebook, it's been formatted for the Apple store and was available for a while, but for some reason it's not there any more. My publishers, Music Sales, are great but have an utterly useless digital team. So sorry, I'm still pushing it but I really don't know when they might get it together.
Video Lessons for the songs
Many of these songs will have video lessons at some point but expect it to take some time!
Few people have sorted out "playlists" for all the songs so you can listen to them - on Spotify Beginners,Intermediate, Intermediate Plus, Full TABs (thanks Onno)... and also on Grooveshark (thanks Maarten).
well pre-sale only started now, so not many FAQ yet, but sure there will be some.
Can I buy just some of the pages individually?
No, sorry but digital licensing is a nightmare at the best of times, and I really doubt it will happen in the near future, but it's a cool idea.
Can I buy it digitally?
See eBook above.
Complete Song List!
I know y'all keen to know which songs are included, so I thought I'd just put the whole list up here!!
These songs are in the same format as The Beginner's Songbook, lyrics and chords on one page, tips and strumming patterns on the facing page. They use all the material in The Beginner's Course so are great for consolidation, some have a few extra trixty bit too!
Babylon - David Gray
The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkel
Come Back To Me - Kelli Scarr
Don't Panic - Coldplay
Faraway Voice - Katie Melua
Hold On - Tom Waits
I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab For Cutie
The Man In Black - Johnny Cash
Rocky Racoon - The Beatles
Say Yes - Elliott Smith
Talkin' ‘Bout a Revolution - Tracy Chapman
These Boots Are Made For Walking - Nancy Sinatra
Trouble - Ray LaMontagne
Way Over Yonder In The Minor Key - Billy Bragg / Wilco
Won't Give In - Finn Bros.
Intermediate songs introduce barre chords, some all the way through, some mixing open chords and barre chords. Many have 16th note strumming patterns and some will have new chord grips!
Between The Bars - Elliott Smith
Bird On The Wire - Leonard Cohen
Black Horse and Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
Distant Sun - Crowded House
Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House
Here There and Everywhere - Beatles
Ho Hey - The Lumineers
It Don't Matter -Donovan Frankenreiter
Sail Away - David Gray
Saint Simon - The Shins
Those Dancing Days Are Gone - Carla Bruni
Traffic in the Sky - Jack Johnson
Where Did You Sleep Last Night - Nirvana
Why Does It Always Rain On Me - Travis
Wild Wood - Paul Weller
* PLEASE NOTE: My Sweet Lord by George Harrison is NOT in the songbook. There were some problems with the publishing and it was removed after the 1st edition. Sorry, but not my fault! It was substituted with Ho Hey by the Lumineers.
These 15 songs have more things going on; fingerstlye, riffs, complex strumming patterns and some will have more detailed sections including TABs, but are not fully tabbed out!!
Crash Into Me - Dave Mathews Band
Father And Son - Cat Stevens
Layla (Unplugged) - Eric Clapton
Lego House - Ed Sheeran
Looking for the Heart Of Saturday Night - Tom Waits
Norwegian Wood - The Beatles
Rose Parade - Elliott Smith
Rotterdam - Beautiful South
Shape Of My Heart - Sting
Strong Enough - Sheryl Crow
Taylor - Jack Johnson
The Cave - Mumford And Sons
The Man Who Sold The World - Nirvana
Yellow - Coldplay
Your Revolution Is A Joke - FFAF
This last 5 songs have FULL TAB, every note written out just like a TAB book. Plus tips on how to play them, fingering and other things that will help you play them well! :)
Blackbird - The Beatles
Tears In The Rain - Joe Satriani
More Than Words - Extreme
Spanish Ballad - Traditional
Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton