PR-105 • The Justinguitar Rock Songbook
You ready to rock? This book has an awesome selection of songs to get you from a beginner to a rock 'n' roller!
The third of my series of five books is the Rock Songbook, 50 awesome rock songs that you can play on electric guitar (some tunes will work on acoustic, but rock music generally suits electric guitar better!)
Each book contains 50 songs, 15 songs using material covered in The Beginners Course, 15 songs that introduce barre chords (Intermediate Course), 15 songs using other fun concepts (more Intermediate stuff) and 5 full song TABs.
Spiral bound and the same size as The Rock Songbook (248 x 170mm), and is 248 Pages.
This book is designed for guitarists moving forward from beginner material and getting into barre chords and riffs.
See FULL SONGLIST lower down this page!
RRP £16.95 + Postage
Ordering from the justinguitar store (we use PayPal)
• You do not need an account to use PayPal, you can pay using all major debit and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Amex etc), though personally I find PayPal easiest and most secure.
• Click on the buy now button below for your region: UK, Europe or Rest Of The World. Prices include postage and packing. Please note that only orders over £50 (or foreign equivilent) will get a tracking number, other orders are sent 1st Class but are not trackable. All Bundle Packs are trackable!
• If you have any questions at all contact Jedi in Customer Service. We aim for 100% customer satisfaction, so please get in touch if you need help with something or if the product arrives in less than perfect condition. We'll always put things right!
• Worried about internet payment security? Please read this guide, the big rule, if you get an email from PayPal telling you there is some problem, it's probably a scam, log into your account typing the website by hand (DO NOT click a link in the email) and you'll soon see if there is a problem. Still Not happy to use paypal?? Here are some other options. But honestly, it's as safe as online shopping gets!
• How long will my order take? We ship as soon as possible, same day if possible or the next day, so it's down to postal services in your area and normal logistics. Usually a couple of days for the UK, 3-10 days for Europe and 4-20 days for the rest of the world. We send Bundle Packs with Express Post or FedEx (which is only a couple of days to the US!).
• Did you check out the Bundle Packs? You might save yourself a bundle ;)
We deliver worldwide and all prices include postage!
Dimensions are roughly 25cm x 17cm x 1.5cm - the samples below are from the Beginner Songbook, will get from this songbook asap.
I'll be honest, it should be available now as an ebook, it's been formatted for the Apple store and was available for a while, but for some reason it's not there any more. My publishers, Music Sales, are great but have an utterly useless digital team. So sorry, I'm still pushing it but I really don't know when they might get it together.
Video Lessons for the songs
Many of these songs will have video lessons at some point but expect it to take some time!
Few people have sorted out "playlists" for all the songs so you can listen to them:
Answers to common questions...
Can I buy just some of the pages individually?
No, sorry but digital licensing is a nightmare at the best of times, and I really doubt it will happen in the near future, but it's a cool idea.
How is it different from The Beginner's Songbook?
The songs are a little harder. I'm trying to give you songs here to progress players from beginner level, but the first chapter is great for beginners just finishing the course because the songs are just a little more difficult!
Can I buy it digitally?
See eBook above.
Do you ship to XXX?
We ship worldwide. That means everywhere, every continent, wherever you live!!
I know y'all keen to know which songs are included, so I thought I'd just put the whole list up here!!
These songs are in the same format as The Beginner's Songbook, lyrics and chords on one page, tips and strumming patterns on the facing page. They use all the material in The Beginner's Course so are great for consolidation, some have a few extra trixty bit too!
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
There She Goes - The La’s
Should I Stay Or Should I Go - Clash
Highway To Hell - AC/DC
If You Tolerate This - Manic St Preach
Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison
Self Esteem - The Offspring
In Bloom - Nirvana
I Remember You - Skid Row
The Ballad of Jayne - L.A. Guns
Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream
LA Grange - ZZ Top
Song 2 - Blur
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Rock n Roll All Night - Kiss
Intermediate songs introduce barre chords, some all the way through, some mixing open chords and barre chords. Many have 16th note strumming patterns and some will have new chord grips!
Better Man - Pearl Jam
Don’t Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Don't Stop Believing - Journey
You Do Something To Me - Paul Weller
Creep - Radiohead
Don’t Look Back In Anger - Oasis
Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
Hells Bells - AC/DC
Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf
Handbags and Gladrags - Stereophonics
White Wedding - Billy Idol
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
I Love Rock n Roll - Joan Jett
So Far Away From Me - Dire Straits
Alison - Elvis Costello
These 15 songs have more things going on; fingerstyle, riffs, complex strumming patterns and some will have more detailed sections including TABs, but are not fully tabbed out!!
Back In Black - AC/DC
Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden
Just The Way I’m Feeling - Feeder
My Sharona – The Knack
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
All Right Now - Free
All My Life - Foo Fighters
Where is my Mind - The Pixies
Killing In The Name Of - RATM
Sweet Leaf - Black Sabbath
Alive - Pearl Jam
Hole Hearted - Extreme
Steady as she Goes – The Raconteurs
Since You’ve Been Gone – Rainbow
This last 5 songs have FULL TAB, every note written out just like a TAB book. Plus tips on how to play them, fingering and other things that will help you play them well! :)
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd
You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
Black Betty - Jam Jam
Boys Are Back In Town - Lizzy
Sultans Of Swing - Dire Straits