PR-105 • The Justinguitar Vintage Songbook
Music was better 'back then' right? This book contains some of my favourite songs from the 50's, 60's and 70's!!
The fourth in my series of song books for progressing guitarists is the Vintage Songbook, 50 classic songs from the golden era of music! It's a collection of my personal favourites that work great on guitar and I'm sure you'll enjoy them.
Each book contains 50 songs, 15 songs using material covered in The Beginners Course, 15 songs that introduce barre chords (Intermediate Course), 15 songs using other fun concepts (more Intermediate stuff) and 5 full song TABs.
Spiral bound and the same size as the previous Songbooks (248 x 170mm), and has 208 Pages.
I'm sure y'all going to love this collection of songs and enjoy using it to develop your skillset and repertiore!
See FULL SONGLIST lower down this page!
RRP £16.95 + Postage
Ordering from the justinguitar store (we use PayPal)
• You do not need an account to use PayPal, you can pay using all major debit and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Amex etc), though personally I find PayPal easiest and most secure.
• Click on the buy now button below for your region: UK, Europe or Rest Of The World. Prices include postage and packing. Please note that only orders over £50 (or foreign equivilent) will get a tracking number, other orders are sent 1st Class but are not trackable. All Bundle Packs are trackable!
• If you have any questions at all contact Jedi in Customer Service. We aim for 100% customer satisfaction, so please get in touch if you need help with something or if the product arrives in less than perfect condition. We'll always put things right!
• Worried about internet payment security? Please read this guide, the big rule, if you get an email from PayPal telling you there is some problem, it's probably a scam, log into your account typing the website by hand (DO NOT click a link in the email) and you'll soon see if there is a problem. Still Not happy to use paypal?? Here are some other options. But honestly, it's as safe as online shopping gets!
• How long will my order take? We ship as soon as possible, same day if possible or the next day, so it's down to postal services in your area and normal logistics. Usually a couple of days for the UK, 3-10 days for Europe and 4-20 days for the rest of the world. We send Bundle Packs with Express Post or FedEx (which is only a couple of days to the US!).
• Did you check out the Bundle Packs? You might save yourself a bundle ;)
We deliver worldwide and all prices include postage!
Dimensions are roughly 25cm x 17cm x 1.5cm - the samples below are from the Beginner Songbook, will get from this songbook asap.
I'll be honest, it should be available now as an ebook, it's been formatted for the Apple store and was available for a while, but for some reason it's not there any more. My publishers, Music Sales, are great but have an utterly useless digital team. So sorry, I'm still pushing it but I really don't know when they might get it together.
Video Lessons for the songs
Many of these songs will have video lessons at some point but expect it to take some time!
Few people have sorted out "playlists" for all the songs so you can listen to them:
Answers to common questions...
Can I buy just some of the pages individually?
No, sorry but digital licensing is a nightmare at the best of times, and I really doubt it will happen in the near future, but it's a cool idea.
How is it different from The Beginner's Songbook?
The songs are a little harder. I'm trying to give you songs here to progress players from beginner level, but the first chapter is great for beginners just finishing the course because the songs are just a little more difficult!
Can I buy it digitally?
See eBook above.
Do you ship to XXX?
We ship worldwide. That means everywhere, every continent, wherever you live!!
I know y'all keen to know which songs are included, so here's the whole list for you!
These songs are in the same format as The Beginner's Songbook, lyrics and chords on one page, tips and strumming patterns on the facing page. They use all the material in The Beginner's Course so are great for consolidation, some have a few extra trixty bit too!
Cecilia - Simon And Garfunkel
Sunny Aftenoon - The Kinks
Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me) - Steve Harley
First Cut Is The Deepest, The - Cat Stevens
Give Peace A Chance - Plastic Ono Band
All Day And All Of The Night - The Kinks
Be My Baby - The Ronettes
Take It Easy - The Eagles
Catch The Wind - Donovan
Surfin USA - The Beach Boys
Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochran
You Got To Hide Your Love Away - Beatles
Cherry Cherry - Neil Diamond
Bye Bye Love - The Everly Brothers
Band Of Gold - Freyda Payne
Intermediate songs introduce barre chords, some all the way through, some mixing open chords and barre chords. Many have 16th note strumming patterns and some will have new chord grips!
Angie - Stones
Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
All I have to Do Is Dream - Everly Bro
Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers
Don’t Let Me Be Misundertsood - Animals
I Feel Fine - The Beatles
The Weight - The Band
I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
Try A Little Tenderness - Otis Redding
Crying - Roy Orbson
It’s So Easy - Buddy Holly
Love Me Tender - Elvis Presley
In My Life - The Beatles
I Shot The Sheriff - Bob Markley
These 15 songs have more things going on; fingerstyle, riffs, complex strumming patterns and some will have more detailed sections including TABs, but are not fully tabbed out!!
Your Song - Elton John
Lola - The Kinks
Oh, Pretty Woman - Roy Orbson
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - The Beatles
Carol - Rolling Stones
Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
Green Onions - Booker T
Everybody's Talking - Harry Nilsson
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon And Garfunkel
These Days - Jackson Brown
Wouldn't It Be Nice - Beach Boys
You Got A Friend - James Taylor (Carole King cover)
Pinball Wizard - The Who
Wipe Out - The Surfaris
Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks
This last 5 songs have FULL TAB, every note written out just like a TAB book. Plus tips on how to play them, fingering and other things that will help you play them well! :)
Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
Apache - The Shadows
Hideaway - John Mayall w Eric Clapton
Classical Gas - Mason Williams
Cause We've Ended As Lovers - Jeff Beck