We've covered a whole lot of stuff in this Intermediate Foundation so before you are set free to run rampant on the Style Modules we really should have a look at all the things you should know!!
Chords (to be played with any root note)
- E Shape Grips: Major, Minor, 7, Minor 7.
- A Shape Grips: Major, Minor, 7, Minor 7.
- Triad Shapes, Major and Minor on strings 1/2/3
Scales (all played from memory and know the root notes!)
- Major Scale (Pattern 1)
- Blues Scale (Patterns 1)
- Hybrid Blues Scale (Pattern 1)
- Major Pentatonic (Pattern 5 and 1)
Rhythms (all to be used in a song)
- Play Straight 16th note pattern
- Play 16th note pattern using accents
- Play 16th note pattern using syncopation
- Play Spreads, Splangs, Chips
- Play Picked Fingerstyle
- Work out any note on the fingerboard (within a few seconds)
- Play a simple melody by reading notation
- Create Melodic Patterns and apply them to scales
- Use The Minimum Movement Exercise
- Play Scales With A Metronome
- Control String Noise (string muting techniques)
- Bend A String
- Improvise a solo using The Major Scale
- Improvise a solo using The Blues Scale or Blues Hybrid
- Improvise a solo using The Major Pentatonic Scale
- Use any finger on any note
- Play a Blues Bass Line
JUSTIN Method / Ear Training / Transcribing
- Distinguish Major, Minor, 7 and minor 7 chords.
- Transcribe easy melodies.
- Work out simple songs on your own.
You can do all that? You're intermediate man - now it's time to put it to use in the Style Modules and become a Playa!