Lesson 10 Practice Schedule
As with previous lessons, you should be open to tweaking this as needed - it really is just a starting point.
- 5" Songs repertoire revision
- 2" Attempting F Chord / Changes
- 2" Weak Finger G / A barre
- PFC C to weak finger G
- 2' C Major Scale Alt Picking
- 2' C Major Scale Improvisation with backing track
- 1' Push Practice Strumming (or leave it for later and spend more time on something else!)
- 1' Hammer Ons
- 4' La Bamba
- 10" Song work (new songs - with F?)
- PLUS Explore progressions in own time!
When to move on?
Pretty simple really here - I'm hoping you are getting the idea by now and are learning to make your own judgment calls on when you will be ready to move on.... but here's the list:
- Memorise the weak finger G and the A mini barre
- Be able to play the C major scale using alternate picking (no set speed, but keeping the rhythm consistent)
- Have learned one song (at least) using weak finger G)
- Had some fun with La Bamba
- OPTIONAL - Be able to use the Push strumming pattern (maybe in a song, or not!)
- LESSON STEPS -