Tammy Lesson 5
Still powering along and doing great - looking forward to getting more into recording and exploring the creative process!
Forget about G, C and D Shape barre chords for now!
Note down any new discoveries you make during the week as it will help inform the next lesson and the direction - super important in the early stages of lesson planning (for teachers!).
n/a • Music Theory
- Try and get through more of the Grade 3 of the Theory course
5' • Major Scale Pattern 1
- Simply playing the scale up and down with all down picks, working on the stretch!
5' • Exploring E Shape Barres with the open thin strings
- Just have some fun exploring it and see if you can come up with a progression or two.
5-10' • Shape Explorer
- Go through as much of the Chord Shape Explorer series as you can - we've chatted through it but I just want consolidation here before we do a full-on capo session!
5' • Back Beat Hit
- Strumming the muted hit - practice on it's own - working into one movement that feels like a down strum
- Incorporate it into a strumming pattern (Down Hit Down Up Hit)
Put On The To Do Later List!
Added this week
From previous weeks!
- Creative Capo
- Chips On The Backbeat
- Picked Fingerstyle
- Layering parts for recording
- Making a second part when jamming with someone (started in lesson 2!)
- Open strings in barres
- Easy fingerstyle patterns
- LESSON STEPS -