Tammy Lesson 6
Oh man, looks like I forgot to get the text up here when I should have. Sorry it's so late - but better than never right?
Still powering along and doing great - looking forward to getting more into recording and exploring the creative process!
Note down any new discoveries you make during the week as it will help inform the next lesson and the direction - super important in the early stages of lesson planning (for teachers!).
n/a • Music Theory
- Try and get back on track with the Theory course!!
5' • Finger Stretch
- Take it slow and work it! Feel the stretch like you would any kind of yoga stretch! See the Finger Stretching Exercise
5' • Major Scale Pattern 1
- Simply playing the scale up and down with all down picks, more work on memorizing it!
5' • Exploring E Shape Barres with the open thin strings
- Just have some fun exploring it and see if you can come up with a progression or two.
5-10' • Shape Explorer
- Go through as much of the Chord Shape Explorer series as you can - we've chatted through it but I just want consolidation here before we do a full-on capo session!
5' • Back Beat Hit
- Strumming the muted hit - practice on it's own - working into one movement that feels like a down strum
- Incorporate it into a strumming pattern (Down Hit Down Up Hit)
Put On The To Do Later List!
Added this week
From previous weeks!
- Creative Capo
- Chips On The Backbeat
- Picked Fingerstyle
- Layering parts for recording
- Making a second part when jamming with someone (started in lesson 2!)
- Open strings in barres
- Easy fingerstyle patterns
- LESSON STEPS -
Found an issue?
Please submit it. This will help me make constant improvements to better your experience.