Top 5 Tips To Make THIS year your best Guitar Year!
Many of us find it easy to get vibed up at the start of the year - here are my tips for making this year your best ever guitar year!
Note - to keep things easy - I placed this lesson IN the Effective Practice module, so you'll find loads of related stuff right here! :)
1. Make time to practice, not just play!
- I recommend a 50/50 approach to fun v structure
- Regular sessions are way better than long stints
- Can you practice at work? Some big companies will make a rec room for you and maybe you can find colleagues to jam with!
2. Set some goals - be realistic - find SOME things that are measurable!
- Long-term - what would you mile to do by next Christmas
- Mid-term - what would you like to have done by the middle of next year?
- Short-term - what can you achieve by end of Jan?
3. Make the best use of your time
- Is social media really worth your time? (try this BBC article to start, and I'd encourage you to research and think about it!)
- Use a timer!
- Use a routine/schedule (if you’re that kind of dude!)
- See my lessons on thing to do away from guitar!
- Be careful on YouTube - distractions and clickbait
- Write or print out things you need before you start.
- If you are bored with an element of your practice change it!
- Understanding why you are doing things should help avoid the above…
- Write your goals down
- Post them on your social media
- Make a video about what you hope to achieve (great fun to look back on too!)
5. Treat Yourself
- Nearly all of us can get inspired by gear!
- Get yourself something to kick things off great - use the rest of the tips to help maintain things.
Hope that helps you make a great start to the year - let me know in the comments what your goals are!
- LESSON STEPS -