Module 12: Power Chords!
Are you ready to rock??
This lesson is all about Power Chords, and while they are a mainstay of electric guitar, they also sound super cool on acoustic and are an enabler when you find a song that has barre chords that you don't know - so well worth a look even if you don't dig rock and distortion!
In this lesson we learn how to:
- Play Power Chords with root notes on the thickest two strings
- Name the note on the thickest 2 strings
- Move your Power Chords around smoothly
- Use "Palm Mute" Rhythm Technique
- Play the A Minor Pentatonic Scale
- Use distortion properly (and learn what it is!)
- Play a bunch of awesome songs and the Enter Sandman Riff!!
An amazing lesson we're going to have - I'd suggest spending a while here and having some fun with it.
Power chords are incredible - they're the foundation chord for rock music, but they're also a get out a jail card if you encounter a barre chord that you don't know!
The A Minor Pentatonic
The Minor Pentatonic is THE scale to learn if you want to start exploring Blues lead guitar (more next week!).
This lesson is basically... Have a go at writing your own riff. :) It's easy and fun and you'll learn a lot in the process - you find new questions - and maybe s...